There are reasons I post anonymously. It works as a therapy for me. Sharing my thoughts, having people relate to them and understand them gives me strength. Since I cannot share my problems in person with people around me, I request you to share and promote my blog so that my anonymity no longer restricts my views to reach out to people around the World. Much Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2011

The End (of Wordful Soul)

His laptop is broken and he needs to drop an urgent e-mail. He picks up her laptop and starts it. Password! He calls her up , tells her that he really needs to use a computer and she tells him the password. He is in the habit of using Internet Explorer. He types 'Internet Explorer' in the search bar and runs the browser. He types the url to his office mail and hits enter. IE crashes. Damn! Now what? He notices Chrome and runs it. He types the url and the site opens. He sends the urgent mail. Sent! He feels relieved. Now, he might as well, check out the notifications on his FB and browse the net a little. He runs Chrome again. "Most visited", it shows, and colourful thumbnails below it. He clicks on the first link it shows. He hasn't seen many websites with such colour scheme. (That's because he has only visited professional websites till date. He is not too much of an explorer.) He is not so interested to know about the website, as he is to know about what kind of websites his wife visits. (Plain curiosity. He trusts her more than anything in the World!) There is some kind of a story on the first page. He starts reading. Wow! That's a cute little story. Fiction! He smiles. He has a lot of time to kill, so, he might go through other stories as well. He starts reading the next. It is a sad story. Could it be real, or has the writer published it for the sake of getting popularity? Well, who knows? He goes onto the next post. Why is there some strangeness in these words? Why does he feel uncomfortable reading some of them? It is because these are those very things that he blatantly disagrees to discuss with his wife when she comes to talk to him about them. Is this where she is learning all this from? These so called "broad minded" philosophies, and silly aspirations! Who is this person who writes all this crap? Who is this person who thinks it is okay for 50 year olds to marry if they are in 'love' and being a homosexual is not a sin? He goes through another post. And yet another. Another, and another. She has fell for uncountable men at unrealistic situations, has been tried to be raped, has tasted vodka, wine, whiskey. She has been to discos, pubs and bars, danced with strangers. God! She has had so many boyfriends and has a husband she claims to 'love' and 'respect'. Total crap! Her husband doesn't know that she writes all this (and pollutes the minds of thousand other wives). She writes stuff that she can't share with her husband. She writes because she doesn't want to simply die with the experiences of her life. She writes because she can't tell her husband that she still feels uncomfortable having intercourse with him because of the ugly past she has had. She writes as anonymous because she doesn't want to hurt him. She writes because "To let go, she has to let know". Who is this girl? He knows who. His face is wet with tears. He is so angry and so hurt, that he can't think of anything that would ever reduce this pain. He feels like ripping his skin apart by digging his nails deep into it because he has been living with a stranger for so long!






This little piece of fiction is dedicated to the unending war between a part of me that feels the unquenchable thirst to tell my story, and a part of me that is extremely scared to do it 



18 comments:

  1. overcome and you shall... dont let go the words dear.. do pen it.. u can.. 
    this one was a very simple and effective way of putting all that was felt..
    Keep writing..Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well dear, not everything in life turns out to be the way we want them to be. Sometimes its better to let go, even if it might be the most painful thing to do. I hope you don't stop writing. It's better to vent out what you feel here than telling to someone else. Take good care. looking forward for your new post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story is intriguing. Waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's extremely touching...writing is a catharsis...that's what I believe...it's like draining off all the glutted self expressions in our dusty mind which we fear to disclose to the callousness around us...write and write and explore yourself...express yourself...Take care! Warm wishes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 25, 2011 at 2:56 AM

    Thanks a lot....You probably have no idea what relief your response has given. Keep visiting, and I'll keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 25, 2011 at 2:56 AM

    Thanks. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 25, 2011 at 2:58 AM

    This is just the introduction to the 'story'. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 25, 2011 at 2:59 AM

    You make me feel that I have no reasons to feel guilty for writing my heart out. Thanks Nasnin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do as ur heart guides.. but whatever you decide.. let me just say that u are one the of the very good writers I met in blogging..

    Over come and write more.. a humble fan's request..
    Keep smiling..

    ReplyDelete
  10.  "To let go, one has to let know". I guess, the line holds some reflection/truth for everyone. 

    Convey my regards to the Silver Pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  11.  I saw your post in blogjunta and wanted to help you start a following for your blog :-)  You have such a gorgeous place here and I found myself drawn to you immediately with the outstanding graphics :-)  

    However, as I start to read this post, I begin to discover a beautiful writer behind all the alluring roses :-)  As  I come to the end of the writing and read your personal words, my heart is captured by your honesty and the heart-breaking topic.

    This is the perfect forum for you to tell your story and I encourage you to do so ~ something of this magnitude can't be kept inside ~ you will find so many supporters, including myself :-)

    Best wishes to you and thanks for sharing 
    Fiona *hugs* 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM

    Thank you KP....that is a huge compliment!


    I shall overcome as long as I can. I shall keep writing.

    *Smile*

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM

    Thanks for visiting Jayanth. Silver Pen is glad you came :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl with a Silver PenSeptember 30, 2011 at 10:12 AM

    Thanks Fiona. This blog's design, just like every word in it,  comes from my heart. Thanks for appreciating it. 


    ~ something of this magnitude can't be kept inside ~
    Thanks for understanding.Your words have filled me with courage. 

    Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are OK?  We haven't seen anything from you in so long :(  Please let us know if you're alright ~ thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been looking for the similar posting like this. My day seems to be completed now. Only one thing is going on in my mind at this moment and that is giving my comment as a way of appreciating.And yes i have bookmarked your site 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!!! This is awsm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting post. And a nice website too. Check out My Anime Blog if you have time. 

    ReplyDelete