There are reasons I post anonymously. It works as a therapy for me. Sharing my thoughts, having people relate to them and understand them gives me strength. Since I cannot share my problems in person with people around me, I request you to share and promote my blog so that my anonymity no longer restricts my views to reach out to people around the World. Much Thanks!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Seat-less-ness

I feel like narrating a little incident that happened while I was in a crowded bus this morning. So, here it goes!

All seats were occupied in an extremely crowded bus and I was standing. Then a person's bus stop came and he vacated the seat. I was the only female standing there, so the guy in the seat next to the vacant seat asked me to take it. Just then a man started struggling to clear the crowd around the vacant seat so that he could sit there. Also, a female who just boarded the bus started fighting with the man for the seat, and obviously, won. The man who had asked me to sit gave me a sympathetic look, but I gave him a superhero look that said "I can let a train pass over me and not feel a thing".

So now, a man is standing and a woman is sitting. I ofcourse, am still seat-less.

Then, another man who saw all this offered me his seat. I said I'm okay, and he can keep sitting (I'm a superhero!) But he got up. So, I took the seat and thanked him.

Now, the moral of the story:
Two men are standing, but guess which one can feel proud...
Two women are sitting, and guess whose day was made!


PS:

1) Sexists, no! the moral of the story is not what you think it is
2) Chivalry and good manners (read superhero-ness) are not outdated. I don't think they should ever be.
3) Sometimes, little things matter much.






4 comments:

  1. Yes very much. Its the little things that matter, that add up in the end. And I believe these little things are infinitely the most important. What ya say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...:P
    what matters s you got to sit down...
    but did you think about the man who offered the seat?? yea, as long as that was part of good manners all is fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreamer, completely agree :)

    deeps, yes I got to sit down...but that was one of the rare days :)
    Also I did thank the man who first offered me the seat....see! I know my manners ^_^
    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreamer, completely agree :)

    deeps, yes I got to sit down...but that was one of the rare days :)
    Also I did thank the man who first offered me the seat....see! I know my manners ^_^
    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete